The Only #LipglossmaffiaGuide You Would Need For 2016(Except I Create Another Genius List)…
Missed me? I missed you more.
I have a few lessons that I have learned since the beginning of the year. I know. January is like 1000 days, right? Alright, let’s get to the sharing…
1. You either have to accept people for who they are or not at all because changing them will be next to impossible. Seriously. Good luck with trying to mold people into what you want them to be. It’s a recipe for disaster. Just know when to cut your losses or stay. Don’t get lost in the in-between.
2. Your definition of happiness is different from other people’s. What works for you doesn’t necessarily work for them so stop being a Judge Judy about your friends’ life decisions.
3. You have to advocate for yourself because this world is full of shitheads who will take advantage of you. No one can afford to be helpless. You have to learn how to be a (polite) pain in the ass to get what you want.
4. People love you and then they don’t. Human beings are fickle. We go to bed in love and wake up feeling trapped. Sometimes a relationship ending has nothing to do with you. Sometimes it has everything. Either way, it’s a waste of time to feel unlovable afterwards because chances are you will fall in love again. The main thing standing in your way is not your perceived shortcomings but fear.
5. You are not obligated to be close to a family member. If any kind of relationship in your life is toxic, it’s in your best interest to establish boundaries.
6. If you buy a piece of clothing that doesn’t fit you and plan to use it as inspiration to lose weight, you will never end up wearing it.
7. Constantly feeling guilt and shame about the “bad” things you’ve done only insures that you’ll do them again.
8. Turn your jealousy about your peers’ success into ambition.
9. Self-respect is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give yourself but it’s also one of the hardest things to obtain.
10. If you find yourself losing jobs, losing friends, and losing relationships constantly, maybe it’s time to consider the possibility that you could be the problem.
11. You can’t go into this world thinking you’re owed something. If you do, you’re going to be permanently unhappy.
12. Hard work is necessary to achieve anything in this life. If you’re wondering why you’re not where you want to be in life, you should consider examining your work habits.
13. Moving cities does not cure unhappiness. Most of the time.
14. You need to be called out on your bullshit from time to time. It’s healthy!
15. Nothing risked, nothing gained. If you find yourself feeling miserable about something like your job, JUST QUIT. You will make it work for yourself. You will unleash your inner-hustler.
16. Don’t drink a shitload of alcohol when you haven’t eaten anything, you dummy!
17. There’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure. Own your bad taste!
18. Sometimes it’s better to act first and apologize later.
19. Nothing good happens after 4 a.m. Besides blowjobs.(hehehe, it’s funny because it’s true)
Have a fantastic month ahead