Lipglossmaffia Book Club: 2017 Reading Challenge…
Welcome To 2017!
I’m probably going to keep writing 2016 for the next few weeks but I know I’m not the only one? I’m really excited about the new year, can you smell the awesomeness? If harmattan hasn’t blocked your nose yet(Nigerians will get this). I can still smell greatness through my allergies.
For me, this year is all about conscious effort to become Wholehearted. I feel like when you make conscious effort to do things, you feel more responsible for the decisions and actions you take. I do believe in destiny and fairy tales but getting older has taught me that when you make conscious efforts, the universe kinda helps to make your life better. So this year, I’m making conscious efforts to socialize more, read more, say “yes” more, exercise(can’t say more because i haven’t been exercising) , worker smarter, generally be a better version of myself.
While we are on the matter of reading more, most of you are not aware about my love for books, I love books so much the smell of a new book is the ultimate rush. This blog was even meant to be a book review blog but life got in the way. I am getting back on the reading train this year and I want to make it fun and exciting so that you can join me in this challenge, that I have named the #Lipglossmaffia2017ReadingChallenge. Pretty cool, huhn? I know😋😋😋
I initially wanted to make it a 52 week challenge but I want us to do more fun, leisure reading in between, so this is a 26 week challenge. One book every two weeks. Not bad, right? You don’t have to follow it exactly the way I put it, just tick it off whenever you’re finished. I’m very excited about this and I hope I find new and fun reading partners this year.
• Historical fiction
• A comic
• A book with career advice/a self-help
• A book you picked based on the cover
• A collection of short stories
• A book with a one word title
• A classic 20th century novel
• A book you love. Read again!
• A book from a contemporary African writer
• A book that has been adapted into a movie
• A book based on a true story
• A crime thriller
• A book with a female heroine
• A fantasy novel
• A book set in a country you have always wanted to visit
• A book that was translated to English
• An autobiography or a biography
• A book you can finish in a day
• A horror novel
• A book that is published in 2017
• A book that is over a hundred years old
• A book with your favourite colour on the cover
• A book published the year you were born
• Read a book you read in high school
• A book with a number in the title
• A book from a classic African writer
Are you up for the challenge? Whenever you tick a book off the list, just take a picture and post it on whatever social media(Instagram and twitter would be great) you’re on and use the hashtag #Lipglossmaffia2017ReadingChallenge and tag me so I can find it. At the end of the year, I would love to curate all the pictures and the experiences on here.
I’m so excited! And if you need someone to motivate you or push you to be a better reader this year, I’m your girl!
I hope you found this post interesting. Let’s connect on social media.
Have You Checked Out: