#DIY: Tumeric And Honey Face Mask…
I have to share this face mask recipe with you. Growing up, I had a bad case of acne that just resisted every type of skincare product so I just let my face be and covered it up in makeup. I actually wore more makeup in my teens and my early twenties which made me really jealous of my mum because she has the most flawless skin I have ever seen. And, she doesn’t wear makeup!!!
That’s all I aspire to be. I live in a tropical country, wearing makeup and going under the sun is not fun especially when you have oily skin. Early in the year, I decided to try more natural methods to achieve a flawless skin, no a flawless face, I don’t have any problem with the rest of my body, it’s my face I worry about. I researched, I asked people and I got to try so many recipes but this particular mix stood out. And I’m loving it so far. It’s the Honey and Tumeric combo.
I decided to try this one because they were non-perishable ingredients that are already in the house. #Recessionista This combination is heaven-sent. According to the Journal of the American Chemical Society, turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric face masks not only helps to clear acne scars and inflammation, but also reduces the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands. Honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria. Plus, it’s loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, and healing compounds. So, next time you’re out shopping, look for raw honey, which hasn’t been heat-treated or pasteurized; it contains more active phytonutrient antioxidants and enzymes for enhanced benefits.
All you need for this mask:
I can’t give you the exact measurements because as a Nigerian, you just kind of know in your spirit the quantity you need. 😊
For this bowl:
– I poured two spoonful of tumeric, three and half spoonful of honey , one teaspoon of lemon juice into a bowl.
– Mix until you get a thick paste, I prefer it thick.
– Use your fingers to apply it all over your clean and dry face. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
– Wash off with water, and then use your favourite facial wash to get it out. It will leave a yellowish tint on your face, so apply this mask when you’re sure you won’t be going out that day.
– Dedicate a towel specifically for the purpose, you don’t want to be leave the color yellow, all over the place.
– DO NOT FORGET to moisturize after!
I do this mask thrice a week but twice a week is probably better. I think I like to overdo things sometimes. AND if you need a FACE SCRUB, you can add oats to the mixture. For an EXFOLIATOR, just add some baking powder. It’s like magic!
My best friend, Sarah, who also has the most amazing skin, has her own version. It’s Baking Soda, Turmeric, Honey & Coconut oil. And look at her face!😍😍😍
What’s your treatment program? Have you tried this before? What’s your go-to facial mask?
I hope you found the post interesting. Let’s connect more on social media.
Twitter // Facebook // Pinterest // Bloglovin’ // Instagram
Have You Checked Out:
• IF YOU EVER WANT TO TRAVEL TO CONGO…
• #THETRIBESPEAKS: ON RELATIONSHIP RED FLAGS…
• #SPOTLIGHT: AN INTERVIEW WITH RISING MEDICAL GENIUS, RACHAEL…
• #LIPGLOSSMAFFIASTYLE: WEDNESDAYS ARE FOR DRESSES…
• #ONTHEHUSTLE: ELHAM AFFAIRS…
• #LIPGLOSSMAFFIAGUIDE TO A HEALTHIER RELATIONSHIP…